Deciding to move into a senior living community is a major life choice. As such, individuals need to be well informed and know what their options are. At Northfield, our independent senior living community encourages residents to get the most out of their retirement. We do so by providing services that free residents up from having to worry about day-to-day concerns like home maintenance or finances.
What Is Senior Independent Living?
A senior living community like Northfield in Brownsburg, IN, provides full-service accommodations for independent, active seniors who want to live on their own with minimal upkeep. By providing services like meals, transportation, housekeeping, exercise classes, and social events, residents can pursue their interests in retirement without worry. Independent living accommodations can come in many forms, though small studios and one-bedroom apartments are the most common. At Northfield, you can explore our options by looking through our floor plans.
How to Choose a Senior Living Community
Deciding on a community can feel daunting. However, there are some simple questions you can ask yourself and the communities you are considering to help you narrow down your choices to not just what you need but what you desire. When you do, we firmly believe that you’ll find Northfield remains at the top of your list. Some considerations include:
- Make an objective list of the services and support you need, both current and anticipated.
- Establish a budget that factors in your expenses like meals, utilities, and taxes. Keep in mind what your income will be and how choosing a particular senior living community will alter it.
- Don’t just make a list of your needs, make a list of your wants. What are your must-haves, and what are your deal-breakers?
- Visit the senior living community website and call to schedule a tour. A lot of decisions need to made in person so you can judge the feel and mood of a location. Contact Northfield at 844.334.1490 to schedule a tour today.
- When you do visit a community or campus, talk with residents as well as staff. Ask questions and discover how the current residents feel about the community.
- Talk to your spouse, friends, and family to get their opinion. You aren’t making this decision in a vacuum, so it is important to find out what your adult children and family think is important. Also, pay attention to how a senior living community lets residents host visitors and travel. At Northfield, we make it a point to offer transportation services and connect residents with their friends and family outside of our community.
Northfield’s Senior Living Community
When you and your family decide to move into senior independent living, Northfield in Brownsburg, IN, is a top choice. Our services are exceptional and cater to our residents’ specific needs and desires. We have designed all of our services to make our senior living community tight-knit and easy for residents to enjoy. Some of the services we provide are:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly schedule events to make every day unique. There are also several groups organized by residents that new arrivals can participate in or explore.
- Dining services: Sharing a meal is more than just healthy eating; it’s about enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. We make dining a positive community experience with three meals a day provided.
- Transportation: Residents often expect the ability to go into town when you want at any senior community. We make the process easy. Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned, plugged-in, and involved in the community.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right layout and equipment. Residents can make sure their bodies stay loose and healthy. Also, it’s a great way to socialize and get to know your neighbors.
- Housekeeping: Regular and as-requested help in maintaining residences is a priority at Northfield. We are always ready to help residents prepare their homes for visitors as well as keep on top of the day-to-day needs of living.
Whether you’re an independent senior looking to make the transition into active, senior living, or someone looking to help a parent or loved one, you’ll find Northfield to be one of the best options available. Find out what we have to offer by reaching out to us at 844.334.1490.