Many seniors believe there’s no reason to move to an independent living community until they have to because of their health or finances. However, senior independent living is quite different from an assisted living facility. Active seniors choose independent living communities because they provide them with the support necessary so they can pursue their interests in retirement worry-free. Northfield in Brownsburg, IN, is an exceptional community, newly renovated and designed to meet the needs of active seniors looking to move out of their home and into an independent living community. If you’re considering retirement or already retired, you should consider moving to an independent living community for numerous reasons.
What is Senior Independent Living?
Unlike assisted living, independent living is for seniors who have minimal health care needs. Residents of the Northfield community are active still and frequently travel and engage in senior activities. Our senior living amenities allow residents the freedom to make their lifestyle in retirement exactly what they want. By relieving residents of the stress and strain of home maintenance and lawn care, individuals can focus their energy on activities they truly enjoy.
Furthermore, Northfield’s dining services, which provides accessible, delicious, and healthy meals to all residents, eliminates the need to cook multiple times every day. Instead, meals become social occasions and the opportunity to try something new. Independent living means seniors have choices and are free of the everyday burdens they had before retirement.
Benefits of an Independent Living Community
Making the transition to senior independent living is a major life choice. Many seniors have spent their entire lives building up and taking care of their home. It’s understandable to resist moving. However, in retirement, you have to think about your future. You may be able to take care of your home currently, but will that change in five years or ten years? Doesn’t it make sense to take that burden away so you can focus on what you truly want to do during your retirement years?
The benefits of senior independent living communities are that they allow you to get the most out of your retirement now and be able to better transition should your health require it. Communities like Northfield are an affordable and safe alternative allowing residents to get the most out of this chapter of their lives.
What Northfield Has to Offer
Sitting on more than five acres, Northfield in Brownsburg IN is fully renovated. We are a premier independent living provider in central Indiana. We offer more than just a senior independent living. Northfield is a community. Some of our senior living services include:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly scheduled events to make every day unique. Also, we look to ensure there’s plenty to keep residents smiling. Interactive engagement opportunities with the team and your fellow residents not only keep your mind sharp but also foster good health.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right space and equipment. Residents can make sure their bodies stay loose and healthy. Also, it a great way to socialize and get to know your neighbors.
- Transportation: Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned and plugged in is provided. You won’t be cut off or have to worry about not being able to get out and see what you want.
- Dining Services: At Northfield, we prepare three meals a day from scratch for residents. This allows them to eat healthily and socialize.
- Housekeeping: Regular and as-requested help in maintaining your residence like a home. We are always ready to get your space prepared for visitors as well as keep your day-to-day needs met.