While each person’s retirement is unique, there are certain expectations when looking for the right senior community in Brownsburg, IN. For active, independent seniors in the early stages of retirement, there’s likely less emphasis on living assistance and more on events and activities available. Similarly, for those who have been retired longer, knowing there is health care support may be comforting just as much as knowing that ordinary, everyday chores will be a burden lifted. Senior independent living at Northfield is a great option for active seniors at any stage of retirement. Our community is vibrant, close-knit, welcoming, and supportive.
Finding the Right Senior Community
The best way to decide on a senior community for yourself and your family is to think in terms of your Activities of Daily Living or ADLs. These are basic self-care tasks. The things you do every day or every other day without any outside assistance such as bathing, dressing, and light housekeeping. In an active, independent senior living community like Northfield, nearly all of our residents can do these things without intensive support from an outside source. However, you should keep track of your and your spouse’s development. One of the advantages of Northfield is we can help residents grow into the health care services they need.
Once you’ve made a note of your ADLs, tour a community. Ask questions of both staff and residents. Use your intuition to get a sense of if Northfield is the kind of space you want to live in. We’re confident it will be.
Northfield’s Services and Amenities
Arriving at Northfield, potential residents and their families will find a community that’s thriving. One of the reasons for this is the numerous services we provide residents. Our goal is to shoulder the everyday chores and burdens of our residents, leaving them able to pursue their interests in retirement as they see fit. For instance, we provide the following in conjunction with access to any health services residents may develop:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly scheduled events to make every day unique. There are also several groups organized by residents that new arrivals can participate in or explore.
- Transportation: The ability to go into town when you want is often expected by residents at any senior community. We make the process easy. Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned, plugged-in, and involved in the community.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right space and equipment. Residents can make sure their bodies stay loose and healthy. Also, it a great way to socialize and get to know your neighbors.
- Dining services: Sharing a meal is more than just healthy eating; it’s about enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. We make dining a positive community experience with three meals a day provided.
- Housekeeping: Regular and as-requested help in maintaining residences is a priority at Northfield. We are always ready to help residents prepare their home for visitors as well as keep on top of the day-to-day needs of living.
Discover Northfield’s Senior Community in Brownsburg, IN
Whether you’re an independent senior looking to make the transition into active, senior living, or someone looking to help a parent or loved one, you’ll find Northfield to be one of the best options available. When individuals come to Northfield in Brownsburg, IN, they know they are joining a vibrant community where they can get the most out of life thanks to our senior living amenities.
At Northfield, our courteous and respectful staff want to make residents as comfortable as possible but also as engaged in the community as they wish to be. This means providing options. Additionally, we encourage family members to get involved. Find out what we have to offer by reaching out to us at 844.334.1490.